Friday, July 18, 2008

Divorce is final

Well, today was the day for court and the divorce was declared final. It is still amazing to me that a marriage can be ended so quickly. My court time was 9:00am and I was out of there by 9:15. The judge was 10 minutes late and the actual hearing took 5 minutes. I thought I'd be a wreck, but I did surprisingly well. I only teared up once. It probably helped that I was so hung over from the night before. I went to the boat races at Blarney's Island with some friends. It was fun, but I was paying the price this morning.

I'm so numb today. I don't know if it's the hang over or if I am in some way relieved that this part is over. I was dreading today. I sent Chris a test message afterwards telling him he's now a free man. He didn't respond. Didn't really think he would. He's a coward that got off so easy. I know a part of me still loves him, but I know in time that will go away. He's not the man I loved. That man is gone forever.

No comments: