Thursday, June 5, 2008

Bad Day

Today I am having a bad day. I guess after having almost a week of good, I was bound to run into a bad. I couldn't sleep again last night, popped a pill and woke up groggy. So, not a good start. Then I was just weepy all day long. Started when I talked to my mom on the way in to work. Of course I heard the all this is not your fault comments over and over again. How do you not in some way blame yourself? Yes, I know he chose this, but I was a part of our marriage too. There had to be something about me that caused him to seek out another relationship. Maybe I put too much pressure on him with trying to have a baby and getting ready to buy a house. Maybe I gained too much weight and he found me unattractive. Maybe I wasn't supportive enough. Maybe I was too nice. Maybe I was bad in bed. Maybe, maybe...

I knew he wasn't 100% on board with the IVF, but I still trudged forward. I figured he was just scared. It's a very scary process and there are no guarantees. I guess I just thought if it was more than just fear, he would speak up. Then again he knew kids was an absolute must for me and there was no compromise as far as that was concerned. Maybe he never really wanted a child of his own and was afraid to tell me. We had talked about kids pretty much from day one of our relationship, so I never thought it was an issue.

I'm just so angry. He gets to go off and live his fairytale life with his young, new, exciting girl and he's living rent free at a friend's house. I have to sit here, pay bills, pay a lawyer, tell people I'm getting divorced because my newlywed husband is a lying, cheating bastard. It's just so unfair. His family still has not confronted him. Yes, he knows they know, but they will not sit him down and try to talk some sense into him. Why do I end up being the garbage put out to the curb? What did I do to deserve this? How am I ever going to come to terms with this?

No comments: