Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Court Date Set - July 18th

I found out yesterday that my court date has been set for July 18th. I thought I would feel so much better knowing when this would all be over. Truth be told, I could not stop crying yesterday. He won't even be notified of the court date. He won't need to be present. It just seems so surreal that a marriage can end without both parties present. I know that it would not be easy if he were there, so I am thankful, but in the same respects I feel like he should have to be present for the end of what he destroyed. I know the day will be very painful for me.

I tried to go to a divorce recovery group last night, but when I got there there was no one there. So, I will try again to go next time they have it, but I will confirm before going there. I was actually looking forward to the group, being and talking with people who have gone through or are going through the same thing.

Since the group didn't happen and I was up in Kenosha, I stopped and saw Jean and Terry. Jean is still at a loss of words to explain why Chris did this. I did get the impression that Chris has said more to her than she has told me. She told me that he mentioned this girl got some type of insurance money when her mother died, which I already suspected. I wonder how long that will last her, considering it doesn't seem like she works much. I guess Chris found himself a sugar momma. Good for him. I also found out there is a family party on Saturday. Only a couple people from his family know what is going on, so it will be interesting to see what he tells them. I know he will lie and just say something like, things were bad and we are getting divorced. Jean says she will set the record straight, but who knows. I think that would be a very hard thing to admit to your family that your son is a pig.

I am leaving to go up north with my family on Friday. I think it will be fun, but I'm sure I will be doing a lot of crying. I can't really handle anyone trying to console me without crying. I know everyone means well, but I can't help how I feel. I almost feel like I am better alone, left to my own thoughts and emotions. At home I like to escape to a book. Usually they are trashy romance novels, but it takes my mind of other things.

No comments: